"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am starting this now since I am on my way building a 2-way speaker from forum member "Salas" and assisted by his friend Mikvous called "Tired2way".
Drivers:
Woofer = SEAS CA22RNY
Tweeter = Peerless HDS (still made under the Scan-Speak brand).
I will put up some pictures of the construction when I know how to. So far I am almost ready with the baffle and will do the final adjustments tonight.
I had to make the cut outs for the tweeters a little bigger for a good fit.
When this is done next I will build the cabinets and having the baffle removable to start with and then mount the drivers with screws and put the filters together just to make them work. Later the plan is to make a permanent mount of everything and then at last paint the cabinets silver gray metallic! Got this idea from Wilson Audio ;).

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The preferred way to add pictures is to re-size them to something reasonable (say 800 X 600) click on Go Advanced under the edit box (where you are typing). and you should have a manage attachments button. You can then upload the images direct to diyAudio.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
No need to upload them somewhere else first. Click on the Go Advanced button, then scroll down in your browser window. Click on Manage Attachments. Click browse and choose an image off your hard drive. You can choose up to three at once, click upload. You can upload up to 10 per message (just repeat the browse/upload).

Finish writing your post and click submit reply, your attachments should be at the bottom of the post just like the screen shots I've just done of the process here.

Tony.

Attachments

• go_advanced.png
    go_advanced.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,475
  • manage_attachments.png
    manage_attachments.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 2,441
  • browse.png
    browse.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,408
No need to upload them somewhere else first. Click on the Go Advanced button, then scroll down in your browser window. Click on Manage Attachments. Click browse and choose an image off your hard drive. You can choose up to three at once, click upload. You can upload up to 10 per message (just repeat the browse/upload).

Finish writing your post and click submit reply, your attachments should be at the bottom of the post just like the screen shots I've just done of the process here.

Tony.

In my opinion thats is a more complicated way of doing it, then to just upload the pictures to imageshack/photobucket or whatever and copy the link here. For an example, photobucket as i use resize the pictures for you and you can copy the link including the img tags ()or what they are called, directly from photobucket. Three simple steps, upload to photobucket, copy the link, post here :)
And it's a easier way to organize the photos in your post as well.

Thats what i think, but everybody prefers their own way of doing it!

/Sebastian

The pictures from my building! The making of the baffle was not made in my apartment, it was made in a garage. Lots of dusty working...

Attachments

• speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 2,448
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,396
  • speaker3.jpg
    speaker3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.