diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   AKSA (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/)
-   -   Hugh absent for five days (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/188610-hugh-absent-five-days.html)

AKSA 8th May 2011 07:55 AM

Hugh absent for five days

Folks,

Regrettably I must drive to Adelaide and back in the next few days to attend to family matters; I regret the dislocation for customers, and for this forum, but it can't be avoided.

Thank you for your patience. If contact is needed, use the PM facility on this forum,

Apologies

Hugh

AKSA 17th May 2011 05:04 AM

Now back, rarin' to go......

Family matters resolved, Mom is recovering after hip surgery at 82, and God is in his Heaven......

Hugh

acidbrain 17th May 2011 04:44 PM

Hopefully she gets well soon, enjoying life in good quality.

Erik Deinumite

AKSA 17th May 2011 11:24 PM

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your well wishes, much appreciated!!

Problem is, by 82 we have all sorts of issues with our health, and now the difficulty is persuading her to undergo the lengthy, painful rehabilitation. That will be very difficult....

Hugh

AKSA 3rd July 2014 11:29 AM

Folks,

I have to drive to South Australia to see my Mother, who is very ill.
I will hopefully be back in Melbourne middle of next week......
I ask my patience with my orders and many emails while I'm away.

Ciao,

Hugh

AKSA 11th July 2014 09:23 AM

Back from South Australia, making arrangements to be away next week.........

Ciao,

Hugh

meanman1964 11th July 2014 09:49 AM

Hugh,how's your mother doing?I hope she's well again.

AKSA 11th July 2014 11:08 AM

Patrick,

My Mom sadly died yesterday at 7:30am, at almost 86 years old.
She had suffered pneumonia three times in the last year; this last attack was too strong for her.
My brother (also a Patrick!!) and I spent at the hospital for three days and nights, and had the chance to talk to her, not that well, but well enough to communicate our love for her. She was a very cultured woman, spoke French actually which is VERY unusual in Australia as we almost all only speak English (and rather badly). We was a writer, authored a couple of books, and had a wonderful marriage. We wonderfully accepted my Indonesian wife into our family, and was very kind to all of us. There are also problems in any human being, but my Mom was one of a kind.......
Funeral is 17th, 6 days hence, and we are expecting about 300 people in the church. I've been writing the eulogy and choosing the music (Bach, Elgar).
Thank you for asking, Patrick, you are 1 lovely guy!!

Ciao,

Hugh

meanman1964 11th July 2014 11:17 AM

Hugh,
Sorry to hear that my condolences

wintermute 11th July 2014 12:26 PM

Very sorry to hear that Hugh. I wish you strength in this difficult time.

Tony.