Server configuration upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We just experienced a little downtime while I swapped us over to a new server configuration. Over the next hour I'll be adjusting some small things but they shouldn't affect posting. Feel free to post any bugs that didn't previously exist here in this thread.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
"Go to first new post" in every thread title.

No images being served. Fixed.

However, at least for me, images aren't being cached. Not sure why, will have to fix this ASAP.

viewing of user profiles is resulting in a blank screen.

Tony.

Thanks for reporting this Tony. Fixed now.

I cant upload a file, which I did before sever upgrade

Thanks for reporting this! Fixed now.

the "go to first post" is just the alt text under the missing button. A number of the buttons are missing. It's happened before. An address problem, IIRC.

You are always on the money :)

I don't know if it means anything but every thing has a red "X" in every box,I guess I will have to wait and see later. jer

Same problems as above... now resolved, thanks!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I've made another round of changes today, and now pretty much all CSS and JS is minified, gzipped, has long cache expiry and is served via CDN. Still some more complicated script combining to do, conversion of small graphics to CSS sprites, and other fancy stuff that should make a difference (mostly to uncached browsers, though) but there's a solid amount done now.

I see you have reverted to the instant update of a search list after viewing a post/thread that was new.

This was dropped a few years ago and is a welcome return.
Thanks.

But why did the Forum drop out and show 404 repeatedly some 20minutes before we got to see that old Ferranti computer terminal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.