Best Bang For The Buck !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think folks would need a few more specifics to be able to give a 'best bang for the buck'

Overall size, spl, freq extension would help.

However, the best bang for the buck I know of (in general terms) is the mcm 55-2421 driver, especially using a discount code to get them for $25. Unfortunately I just checked and jack hidley is out of his $35 sub amps. That combo was the best bang I knew of... however even a dayton 70watt amp gets you a complete sub for under $100 bucks.

My honorable mention for best bang for the buck would probably be the apex jr super 8, although I hear they may get scarce in the near future.

The little mcm driver works sealed, ported, tapped, front loaded horn -- so many cabinet options are available to you.

Im Trying To Get alot of Sound For My Home ( Meaning When We Watch Movies , TV, ECT.) I Have Yet To Buy Anything But Ask Of You To Help Out Please So I Can More Or Less Get The Know How. I Want To Build It My Self The Enclosure And Small As Possible Thank You:rolleyes:

I am maintaining a "leaderboard" of bang-for-the-buck woofers at my forum. Look under "the bass race" thread at forum.audiopsychosis.com

At the moment, the woofer which gives you the most bass for the least money is the diycable Tempest X2.

Having said that, I wasn't aware of the fifteen that Danny is selling. Ironically, I called Danny today, because his $99 sub nearly made the cut! I have a feeling that 15" would trump the Tempest, but I'd have to plug the numbers into my spreadsheet.

In general, I've found that large affordable woofers with high displacement win this contest. Two of the three winners were fifteens. The cheapest on the list is the Eminence Alpha 15A.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
My honorable mention for best bang for the buck would probably be the apex jr super 8, although I hear they may get scarce in the near future.

That one was going to be my suggesttion. For me, best bang for the buck are a stash of Foster 12" that cost me nothing (need a bigger than real small box thou)

Sad to see the end of Jack Hidley's amps, glad i got a bunch when i could.

dave

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Found another 10 boxes so there are more than I thought left in stock, but they are running low...So... there are about 40 left in stock...
(Started out with 800)
Steve@ Apex Jr.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.