Transport adjustment procedure for Sony SCD-CE775

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Sony SCD-CE775 SACD player that suddenly won't load the SACD layer on a hybrid disc (SACD/CD). It only wants to "see" the CD layer. If I press the SACD/CD button it says <not hybrid>. It's mistaken.

I've cleaned the laser and blown out the inside of the player with canned air, but to no avail. The problem remains.

I found a post by Allen Wright about the XB940QS doing this, and Allen very kindly posted instructions for performing a readjustment of the transport by going into Test Mode and running through a calibration procedure. I followed those directions but they don't seem to work for the SCD-CE775.

Does anyone have access to a service manual for the SCD-CE775 with instructions for how to get into Test Mode?

If not I suppose I'll just have to pay for a PDF copy of the service manual. Second question is, does anyone know of a good, trustworthy site from which to get one of these manuals in PDF?

Thanks...

Thanks for that. Looks like there's a known issue lurking in there re: reading hybrid discs...

1. connect scope leads to CN702 pins 27,28
2. open tray
3. insert SACD hybrid disc (market disc)
4. observe MIRR waveform immediately after disc chucking is completed when disc identification is made.
5. read measurement of delta T
6. if NG, change values of R892 and R893 (either down to 110k ohms if 9.7ms < delta T, or up to 130k ohms if delta T < 6.9ms).

I guess that's how the focus is adjusted for SACD/CD hybrid discs?

--

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.