• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hiface USB -> I2S 24bit/192Khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To play high resolution materials like the 24bit 192KHz Studio Master it is necessary an USB to I2S interface to drive any DAC chip.

I have contacted M2Tech to produce this module with this specification:

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/M2TO...ov-08-2009.pdf

If we will arrive to 100 items they can produce and sell this module at 50 euro each.

Please add your member id in the following list and update the total:

2 x audiodesign

now the total is 2

Hi Andrea.

very interesting GB :)

HiFace OEM is available in four models :

part.no. M2TOEM-01-1 is Bus powered
part.no. M2TOEM-01-2 is External 5V / Filtered bus power
part.no. M2TOEM-01-3 is External 3.3V + 1.8V
part.no. M2TOEM-01-4 is External 3.3V + 1.8V / Filtered oscillators pwr

M2TOEM-01-4 is the most flexible, external supplies for +1.8 +3.3 and Vosc (+3.3).. does Marco (m2tech) require a single model for this GB?

Ciao
Valeriano

EDIT : Guido you're faster than me:)

The lack of galvanic isolation is an issue IMO, possibly enough to negate the benefit of forgoing SDPIF. Just know that Ayre uses optoisolators in their asynchrous USB DAC. I think we should push for it if we can.

Ayre uses TAS1020 (Gordon Rankin/Wavelenght) that is limited to 24/96.
Back in this thread (#147) you'll find that it's impossible to galvanically isolate USB 2.0

Ayre uses TAS1020 (Gordon Rankin/Wavelenght) that is limited to 24/96.
Back in this thread (#147) you'll find that it's impossible to galvanically isolate USB 2.0

Yes but who needs 24/192, better off limiting it to 24/96 and having a quality I2S, obviously Arye went for SQ over marketing specs, we push for the same IMO. No ones USB input beats the $2500 Ayre, this won't come close without the optoisolators.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I own a hiFace, I'm interested, if I understand well is to extract I2S from hiFace, If yes I have several questions:

-Where will be connected, between the port USB & the hiFace?
-It's only a chip or is a finished product like the hiFace?
-I agree version 4 is the most flexible but can operate without external psu?

Yes but who needs 24/192
me :D
better off limiting it to 24/96 and having a quality I2S, obviously Arye went for SQ over marketing specs, we push for the same IMO. No ones USB input beats the $2500 Ayre, this won't come close without the optoisolators.
AVHub - Hi-Fi - News Articles - North Star Design USB dac32 new competitors on the market (BTW Marco of M2Tech is the former designer of North Star Design, you bet what's in the box?). They claim ground decoupling, I don't know how it's possible.

Ah, but this is not DIY, so I don't mind hehehe

Guido

P.s.: Merlin: I am sure you are aware of some good shunt regs...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.