Need Help with Rotel Main Amp Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Members,
I need help with the Main Amp Board in an old Rotel 402 receiver. I have limited knowledge for troubleshooting transistor circuits. The reciever was blowing the main fuse. The problem is not in the rectifier board nor power supply. It would only blow fuses when the + and - 30Vdc was applied to the main amp board. I thought I had narrowed the problem to a shorted power transistor (Q609 SanKen 2SC1444) but after replacement I still have the problem of blowing the fuse (if it is a 2amp AGC). When a 3amp ACG is in place (as recommended by Rotel) it did not blow but unfortunately I saw a 22 ohm resistor (R620) begin to overheat before I turned off the unit.

This is my first POST. I tried to include a PDF schematic of the main amp board for those of you who are more knowledgeable of the transistor electronics but the "size" limitation is making it difficult so it is zipped. I will genuinely appreciate any helpful input.

Attachments

• RX-402-main amp schem.zip
    472.9 KB · Views: 54
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.