Transistors for 80's vintage amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sanken has a lot of MT200 devices

try to use similar devices with 200V, normally its work wonderful, but today MT200 is popular like TO3,....to expensive/pcs. for todays amplifier manufacturer.

To get TO3 replacement for obsolete devices in 20 - 40 years old Vintage Amps with better performance in Sound is very easy

Last edited:
Sanken has a lot of MT200 devices

try to use similar devices with 200V, normally its work wonderful, but today MT200 is popular like TO3,....to expensive/pcs. for todays amplifier manufacturer.

To get TO3 replacement for obsolete devices in 20 - 40 years old Vintage Amps with better performance in Sound is very easy

Thanks,
I did find the one transistor at Littlediode Ltd in England and ordered a couple from them. The rest I found in the USA. But, I am going to take your advice on future projects. I see a lot of these MT200 devices in 25 - 65 watt amps form the early 80's. Normally I serviced vintage and high end tube hifi and guitar amps, but of late I am having requests from people to service vintage transistor hifi amps and am running into more and more of these kinds of parts availability issues. So, substitutes are becoming a viable alternative to rescue these vintage receivers and amps form the dumpster.

i can guarantee you one thing !!!!

the original parts exist in Japan ....The only problem is that you, me, and the rest of the world cannot get in touch with the people that have them since these are small sub assembly companies that dont speak english . dont have web pages ( since they have nothing to advertise ) and can comunicate in any other way unless you are japanese and you really have a "nose'' for looking in to things like that

As we speak i am about to source parts from japan while i try to comunivate with 220 listed companies that are related to parts like that ....

No mater how many times and how many parts i ve been trying and listen too the best so far and unbeatable by far to any other was the 1302-3281 pair

...but of late I am having requests from people to service vintage transistor hifi amps and am running into more and more of these kinds of parts availability issues. So, substitutes are becoming a viable alternative to rescue these vintage receivers and amps form the dumpster.
But if you put an ISC (or NTE!) part in place of a Sanken chances are the unit will end up in the dumpster - because they're not going to want to fix it TWICE.
Original MT200's are a **+(# if you just can't get them. Sometimes you'll just have to bite the bullet and put in TO-247's.

Hello Folks,

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but, has anyone found an acceptable modern substitute for the 2SC2588A & 2SA1108A pair? I can not for the life of me, find the originals anywhere, and my buddy's old Marantz pm700 blew it's little brains out trying to drive a dead shorted speaker line, and subsequently requires 2 each of the aforementioned devices. Any ideas would be tremendously appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.