Replacement for Toshiba 2SA1306

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still working on the same amp - ordered most of the parts from a reputable shop. But I ended up having to order 2SA1306 from an E-bay guy - I am pretty sure there is no possibility that they are real - look nothing like the OE ones or the matching 2SC3298

Is there a suitable replacement for this pair to drive 2 pairs of Sanken 2SA1186/2SC2837

keantoken said:
Why don't you try looking here...

I did read that thread (and the links), and I have checked Fairchild. Neither gave me a very good answer.

MCM no longer carries the 2SA1306, which is how I ended up on E-bay. I would even consider leaving the 2SA1306 that is in the amp now in place, but one of the two output transistors it was driving failed and both of their emitter resistors popped. The speaker wires may have touched for a second (says the owner), but he doesn't think so - I suspect they did.

I have looked through lots of datasheets and have found a few devices that are close in some parameters, but way off in others.

I am hoping that someone here has had experience using something as a replacement for the 2SA1306/C3298 pair for a similar applicatio. I will check out B&D's recommendations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.