Sam's Photofacts Question (Guitar Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I looked around the Sam's site, but darn if I can never find anything I am looking for.

Anyway, I was looking for a Photofact on the Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe.

I have found the schematic elsewhere, but the real question is what were the exact operating voltages?
They are not listed on the original drawings from most sources as far as I can tell.

I have a copy of the re-issue service guide, but this does not always mean it is era correct.
Sam's always seemed more diligent when it came to voltages and test points.

Anyone know if such a photofact sheet exists?

Mercury Magnetics makes a clone of a 1954 Tweed Deluxe PT, it's HV secondary is listed as 760VCT. That's probably @117VAC line voltage though. Use a Variac and run it up until you get the 760VAC or 380VAC if your meter won't handle the 760, many meters top out a 700VAC.
Then check all of your DCs, should get you in the ballpark.

Craig

Geek said:
Triode sells some here:
http://store.triodestore.com/transformers.html

Hammond has a line now too.

One of my wholesalers carries some true vintage Fender.

Cheers!

Oh, sourcing the PT for a 5E3 is very easy, I know of lots of sources,

The thing is all these outfits have their interpretations of the transformer and they are all over the ballpark on specs.

Some claim to vintage spec, some claim exact clone, some claim adjusted for today's mains voltages. But after trying 7 different clone versions, the actual working voltages are all different. Anywhere from 305V to 390V B+ after rectification.

I was hoping to find some historic reference to the actual correct as designed voltages. Guess in the end I will have to watch ebay for a real era correct part and take it from there.

I had hoped Sams had a sheet on it since they are generally era correct.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.