• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

warning about vendor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have ordered a a pair of NOS 12au7 for the not so very low price of total 190 US dollars from Peter Camperos ( Oceanfront hile his emails were enthusiastic and friendly and fast responding to my questions,
his after sales is NON existent.

I got the tubes in a soft envelope with some bubble plastic, which i regards as totally insufficient to protect them form hazards during shipping from USA to Holland. So he used no box. I have used the tubes less than 5 minutes incl warming up
I heard crackles and distortion on one tube and harsh unfriendly music on the other tube
to such an extent that i did not dare to keep them any longer in my precious Jadis amp

The same day of arrival i send Peter a PM for a solution and two days later send him an email pcamperos@msn.com after having no response.
i asked for a response in his audiocircle advertisement http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=62672.0 of these tubes, but to no avail
Now it is 4-5 weeks later and still haven't heard from him
It looks like he is not a responsible or trustworthy vendor and i will not buy from him anymore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.