PPI Art 600.2 - Resistor value?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just got an Art 600.2 - I connected it and works fine howerver I checked it internally and one resistor looks like it was overheaten - it's almost completely black and I can not read the colour code and I don't trust the reading of my ohm-meter.

Does anyone knows the value of R171 (located close to the power supply mosfets)? What is the actual purpose of this resistor?

Although it works, before going full power, I'd like to be sure all is OK.

Try searching the pics on ampguts.com, but they might not get close enough. I'd check one of mine but they are both screwed into the floor under my seats, lol.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/

Edit: I checked pics I had and if its the one at the end of the mosfets soldered between the amp's body ground and the amp's input power ground it's just a fuseable jumper. Someone probably touched the main 12v+ cable to the outer case at one point. You can just solder in a small 1 amp fuse and be ok.

ppia600 said:
Edit: I checked pics I had and if its the one at the end of the mosfets soldered between the amp's body ground and the amp's input power ground it's just a fuseable jumper. Someone probably touched the main 12v+ cable to the outer case at one point. You can just solder in a small 1 amp fuse and be ok. [/B]

THANKS

Yes, It's the small one on the left side of the amp if you look at it as the picture on ampguts the one with the description of the various section of the amp (inside1.jpg).

I'd like to have a resistor as it was originally. The amp is working - I just want to have it as "new"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.