• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Genelex Gold Lion KT88s (reissue version) (matched quad, lightly used)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought these tubes from a good friend thinking that I'd use them in my SimpleSE project only to find out that I already had a pair to try out. 6 of the same brand/kind seems a bit excessive and I'd like to pursue options. :) I'll upload some pictures tonight but they are what they are and the only noteworthy thing aesthetically is that the text is a bit worn looking despite the fact that they have less than 100hrs on them. My friend purchased them new, from a reliable dealer and used them without issue in his amp. I haven't done a thing other than test them since they arrived (the simple isn't done yet) and I'll test them again prior to shipment.

I've shopped around and seems to me that matched pairs go for ~$100 new with quads going for roughly double that. Clearly these tubes are not new but have lots of life left so I'm thinking that $125 shipped via the buyer's choice of ground method including paypal fees sounds pretty fair. Please note that I will only ship to confirmed addresses in the ConUS and that insurance is at the buyers expense/option (depending on how much they would like to insure the tubes for).

I can provide feedback links to ebay, Audiogon and another audio related website - all of which are flawless.

Thanks for looking,

Nate

Pictures, as promised.

102921963.jpg

102921969.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.