Does anyone own a NVA unit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I’m looking to buy a new solid state amp and preamp with a musical true to life sound. I have owned Onkyo, Nakamichi, Rotel, Linn and YBA systems. I have been doing some research on NVA (Nene Valley Audio) http://stores.ebay.com/nene-valley-audio or http://www.nene-valley-audio.com/ and I’m interested in the A30 power amplifier and the P50 passive preamplifier. In doing my research on their products I have only heard good things about them.

I’ve search Audiogon, eBay, and the web and no one seems to be selling their old NVA units! I only see the owner of NVA selling the product! So I’m assuming once you own a NVA unit you don’t get rid of it like most other HiFi units and upgrade!

My concern is how many people actually own any NVA units? If you own a NVA unit what specifically do you own such as (power amp, preamp, phono amp, headphone amp or an integrated amp)? What do you like or dislike about the NVA products?

Also if you own an integrated amp or power amp from NVA what kind of speakers are you using with them? I am currently using a custom home made Buschhorn and BIB full range speakers with 90dB sensitivity and the AP10 integrated amp (15 Watts), AP20 integrated amp (25 Watts) and AP30 integrated amp or A30 power amp (30 Watts) are more than enough power to drive my speakers. So do you think the NVA power amps and integrated amplifier are right for my custom speakers or are they suited for a more powerful speaker?

Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

• nva.jpg
    nva.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 522
Forest, imo all cd players will 'sound' exactly the same. all they really are is a disk drive that pulls digital signal off the cd, puts that through an d/a converter, then through a little line level driver to power the next stage. in other words, as long as the sampling rate of the d/a is sufficiently high during the conversion process (true of most all cd players), there is nothing inside a cd player that will significantly color the sound in any way.

just my 2c. put the money you would have spent on a fancy cd player into your amp and/or speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.