• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: GR Research Paradox 1 in natural oak finish

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I don't think I need to say much about these speakers. If you're not familiar with them, please see the GR Research forum at www.harmonicdiscord.com , visit www.gr-research.com , and search the archives on www.audioasylum.com for more information. These are excellent speakers, period, and they've received glowing reviews by pretty much everyone who's heard them. My only reason for selling these is that I want to experiment with lower powered tube amplifiers, for which I need higher sensitivity speakers.

These speakers have been assembled by me, with the cabinets factory built and finished. I think this was one of the last (if not the last) cabinets that Danny sold in this finish. They are really well put together - all corners and edges are rounded, and the veneer is finished to a nice shine. The speakers have the series crossover, so I guess you could call them a Rev 2. They do not have the recent (in the last few months?) woofer and crossover changes. The cabinets have BlackHole5 inside.

Cosmetically these are near perfect. The only blemish I could find (please see pictures below) was some discoloration on the bottom, which seems to have been caused by the rubber on the top plate of my speaker stands. Other than that, these are in perfect condition, as you can see from the pictures (in the last photo, the black object on top of the right speaker is the camera's lens cap). The color differences are due to my camera trying to figure out the light conditions. The last picture was taken on a sunny day, and on my monitor that comes closest to the real color of these speakers.

Functionally these are flawless. All crossover components have been glued down to the BH5 so they don't rattle. I've run these speakers with the ASL Wave 8W tube amps, and in my 25'x15' room, they play loud enough for my tastes almost all the time. Cranking up Van Halen makes the amps run out of steam, but the speakers can take a lot more power than 8W.

I've shipped turntables before, so rest assured that the speakers will be packed carefully. My eBay ID is mr.ego, please feel free to verify my 100% positive feedback there.

Price: $500 o.b.o (S/H extra, buyer pays exact shipping charges, no handling/materials charge)

I'm sure anyone reading this knows that these speakers are no longer available, because Focal stopped production of the tweeter used in these speakers. Part of me wants to hold on to these until they become collector's items :) I paid ~$600 for the kit ($500 for the kit with pre-built cabinets, $50 for BH5 and ~$50 shipping), so my asking price is below my cost. I'd like to see them go to a good home though, so please email me if you're interested and we can negotiate. If you're in or around the San Francisco Bay Area and can come pick them up, I'll take the price down because then I won't have to pack them. I'm willing to deliver them within a reasonable distance too. I accept PayPal (from a bank account), money orders, checks (will be held until they clear) and cash (if you're picking them up in person).

And of course, feel free to email me with any questions you might have: saurav@mindspring.com

Thanks for looking.

Saurav

Pictures:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

------------------
... and the worms ate into his brain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.