split rail supply obtain from a single motorcycle battery?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone help me find a suitable split rail power supply from a single rail of 12 volts battery, like a motorcycle battery so that i can power my electronic crossover ( active filters for subwoofers) without too much current drain on the supply.

is the MC34063 ic can do the job according to its datashhet found all over the net,

i made my first DC to DC converter

12 volts input
13 to 24 volts output at 1.5 ampere

for my chip amps use as a sound system for my motorcycle here in manila,

my problem is i wanted to incorporate the active filter so that i can put a 6.5 inch subwoofer on it to gain attainable bass response without sacrificing my entire motorcycle battery.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME

by the way i uses the tda8560q for my ampli.

thank a lot guys

If you live in Manila - go to e-gizmo along taft avenue (near De La Salle), get yourself a 12V DC to DC converter module - 12VDC in, 12V DC out. This is an isolation-type regulated -output unit. The module is rated to about 50W out, more than enough if it's just your active crossover you want to power.

Wire up the output of the DC-DC converter so that it's "+" output is connected to the "-" of its input. voila: -12V out.

Cost is P200.

Cheers

thanks for all of your replies,

though i am looking somewhat a DIY thing and not a ready built one, this forum is all about DIY, right

well, i am beginning to modify a circuit that is related to what i am needing, and it uses the motorola MC34063 ic and according to its specification, it can be modified to produce -12v to -24 volts at 1.5 ampere,

pics will be out the next time

thanks again

sir Clem_o, if you mind if i ask your location in manila or philippines,

i am glad there are "kababayan" here:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.