Lab psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
if you want an 8A supply that is adjustable from 0V to 45V (you will have difficulty achieving 50V) you need enormous heatsink dissipation when using the lower end of the voltage range.

It would be better to build a multi tapped secondary that can be progressively increased in voltage using relays as you ask for more output voltage.

It would involve a lot of re-winding but you already have the transformer. Try taps at 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40V. The extra one will allow 50V output.

edl said:
I've got a simple and cheap, but excellent quality design.
It requires 30V/4A trafo, and gives 0-30V/0-3A (adjustable).
Are you interested?
I will post my schema after scanning.

Hi edl

Thanks for your kind offer :)
I would like to have the schematic but just for keeping you from trouble i must say that i need a +/0/- supply(not a single supply).I think i didint clarify it correct at the first place

Thanks

AndrewT said:
Hi,
if you want an 8A supply that is adjustable from 0V to 45V (you will have difficulty achieving 50V) you need enormous heatsink dissipation when using the lower end of the voltage range.

It would be better to build a multi tapped secondary that can be progressively increased in voltage using relays as you ask for more output voltage.

It would involve a lot of re-winding but you already have the transformer. Try taps at 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40V. The extra one will allow 50V output.

Hi AndrewT

Very good idea AndrewT and thanks for sharing it but i dont have any experience and dont know haw to re-wind my trafo.
Is it easy to re-wind and haw can i do it with my EI trafo?
Any schematic,link for the trick with the relays?

Thanks

Hi,
I wrongly assumed you had a toroid.

You can do an EI but separation of the Is to remove the windings.
Then putting back the Is without damaging the insulating oxide layer. Big problem.

If you find a way to do this then the rewinding of the secondary is much easier than on a toroid where you can end up with long coils of kinked wire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.