Modifying Jung Regulator For 5V Output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bryman79 said:
Hello All,

I currently have a Jung Regulator PCB made by AOS. Is it possible to modify it to output 5V without significantly altering the board? In the schematic (here: http://www.aoselectronics.com/gfx/jsr/jung_pos.gif), you can see that the reference voltage is 6.9V, so that clearly would have to be dropped below 5V for a 5V output. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan

Other reference?

:cool:

I've since run across ALW's pdf article that suggests using the LM336Z-2.5 and the AD817. I've emailed him, but no response. As such, I have two questions:

1. Why the change from AD825 to AD817? I've heard that both will operate at voltages below 5V...

2. Anyone have experience (listening or measuring) with the LM336Z-2.5 vs. the LM385-2.5?

Thanks,
Bryan

5V regulator

A little schematic. On top the +5V regulator.
One reference for all.
Any questions?
:cool:

Attachments

• dacps-sm.gif
    dacps-sm.gif
    66.5 KB · Views: 611
Okay, so I got the regulator to output 5V. Thanks moamps for the link... I didn't realize the U3 diode needed to be changed. Since I didn't have a 2.2V-2.7V zener, I improvised with a green LED instead. Would I see improved performance by using another diode in this position? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.