SMPS that runs off AC mains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently building a leach amp. I have already order my transformers, however I would like to try building an SMPS for it. I’m currently building a leach amp. I have already ordered my transformers, however I would like to try building an SMPS for it. It should work off of both 110 or 220AC supply. I have no idea what I’m doing. What I have done is taken the schematic for the K6 amp PS (known to be a working PS) and stripped away the voltage and current regulation. I want it to be as simple as possible.

As you can see the sg3525n is just used as a 75khz oscillator, to drive T2. The turns ratio is stated, but the material and size are not. I have seen a pic of it on there web site. It looks like a small (about .8”) ferrite toroid. This runs the H-bridge that drives the power transformer. The turns ratio is given (28pri and 14sec, 14sec). I can play with the sec. turns ratio to get the voltage (+-70) I need. The power transformer has the markings ETD490, I think that is just a bobbin size (can anyone confirm that ?). However if anything can be used I may go with a toroid 3”di. The input power is supplied as a fwbr (full wave bridge rectifier) for 220v mains and as a voltage doubler by just adding one jumper.

The original K6 is clamed to produce 1KW and 2KW peak. 600W would be sufficient the rest is just a bonus.

Any comments / help is welcome, as I said I don’t know what I’m doing.

Attachments

• my smps idea.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.