Dual mains on/off switch with inrush current limiting, IR control, + PCB

This is a development of:

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG

The default behaviour mimincs the above, but with two independant outputs rather than one on a single 99x99mm PCB.

However, the use of a microcontroller allows the following additional features:
  • Simultaneous or sequential switching of the two outputs
  • Flexible LED control
  • Infra-red receiver to allow operation from any IR remote

PCB_build.jpg

The general information at the beginning of the thread linked above is still applicable to this version. I have touched on the development of this version later in that thread.

This design has successfully been operating a pair of power amplifiers amplifiers for which it was originally designed. The first version of the PCB had a couple of 'non-idealities' which were easily worked around (missing relay Zeners, error in arduino footprint), which I have corrected in the version of the PCB shared.

I have also created a GitHub repository for this project, which includes schematics, BOM, firmware, PCB Gerber files, and details of operation, firmware and build, please see: my projects on GitHub

- Richard

Last edited:
Output == Channels? AKA I could set this up to power on a preamp, and then have the other output become active when I want the phono stage?

Very nice looking board BTW.
Ah yes, description updated.

If you mean operating the two channels completely independantly, then yes this could be done with 2 switches (or seperate IR codes) and firmware mods to match.

And thanks!