Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Help with replacing capacitors and voltage regulators
Help with replacing capacitors and voltage regulators
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2021, 04:57 PM   #31
wiseoldtech is offline wiseoldtech  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Eh always is a little depending on what insulation sheet is used. So no show of the goods = no good info in return.

And the saga of the Mystery Amplifier continues....
Old 15th September 2021, 01:02 AM   #32
RandomAudioGuy is offline RandomAudioGuy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Always. Use just a very tiny bit. I am a bit worried you don't know... Also drill 6 mm holes for better air flow in the PCB when possible. Tip: don't drill where there are PCB tracks Better airflow is always OK, less heat is also always OK. There is no such thing a too good cooling/heat disposal.

It was suggested to check WHY the heat occurs and to check the difference in input and output voltage. Is the heat unavoidable (class A energy waster?) or is it a design imperfection? Reread the thread. Understand. Now, RandomAudioGuy, next time don't do random stuff but mention brand/type as it is a bit wrong to want advice without giving enough information not to say it is irritating.
Jean-Paul, you've been very helpful and thank you very much.

I apologise for the frustrations caused to everyone. My initial questions were to confirm the voltage regulators and capacitors so they could be replaced. These questions have been answered and I'll be putting them in shortly.

While your suggestion of finding out the WHY is a great idea, I don't think I will be doing that. I had only intended to replace some of the components with new ones and people on here think I shouldn't even be doing that. So I think I'll put everything back and if it works, then great. If not, I'll wait till lockdown here is over and then find someone to have a look at it for me.

Again, thanks for yours and everyone else's help. I have no idea asking what types of voltage regulators and caps were would cause so much frustration for everyone.
  Reply to this post

Help with replacing capacitors and voltage regulatorsHide this!Advertise here!