Where to buy 30VAC output wall power adapter/supply in USA?

I need a wall-adapter-based power supply, AC/AC from 120VAC to 30VAC @ .6A or higher. I need it to terminate into a barrel connector, or I can modify an available supply to include one. Any idea??

I've tried:
Mouser
DigiKey
eBay
Amazon
Jameco

and a dozen other search-result-given clearance and hobby websites. The max AC output of the products listed in the above sites is 24VAC. I wish more eBay and ALL Amazon sellers knew a thing or two about how to list electrical components for essential details!

Thanks! One more thing: There is no budget for DIY, hackjobs, etc. This is a professional project.

Joined 2011
Some internal power supplies will take either AC or DC, at different voltages of course.
Is there an internal transformer or voltage doubler in the product? If not, you may be
able to use an external DC supply, if it has a FWB for example.

AC wall adapters seem to go only up to 24VAC.

Last edited:
You will have to get a transformer made
About $10 here for that rating.
Or look for amplifier supply transformers, but those will be too big, otherwise quite a simple hack.
Or find a 15-0-15 transformer, 1 ampere (the sellers ratings are very optimistic), use it as 30 volts. Better if you can find a 1.5 or even 2 amp unit.
The hard work of cord, housing, and final assembly is needed...put a switch and indicator, also a fuse.

Thanks everyone,

This is a 1U rackmount Tube DI. No extra space inside, but I do understand that a custom enclosure externally is possible. But cost of custom is.. expensive.

*This cannot be custom. Does anyone know of sources, like weird small motor devices, kitchen appliances, etc that carry a 30VAC power source? I would really like to find the name of a website that stakes it's business on the breadth of power adapter varieties, but if I cannot it would be great to just go on eBay and look up "Radio Shack mini bench grinder" or "rock tumbler" and find a 30VAC power supply that way.

The National Electrical Code limits low power circuits to 24 volts. Although you can find power supplies above that, they have to be internally current limited.

However most AC units are not regulated so you might look at trying a 24 volt AC supply at say 2 Amps. The voltage will be higher at a .6 amp draw.