Noise with BeoLab 8000 & Up2Stream Mini v3

I have been working on transforming a wired active HiFi speaker into a streaming wireless speaker.

Here's what I combined/my items:
  • WiFi audio streamer module: see link
  • 230v AC to 5v DC converter, the (original Apple iPhone charger type A1400: see link
  • An active speaker, so with built-in 140 Watts A/B Class amplifier.

How it's done & connected
This is what my build looks like. I integrated everything inside the speaker casing:
  • 230v AC > 5v DC converter - I used the official Apple iPhone USB charger as the AC/DC converter. It is small and easy to build into narrow spaces (and its ‘cleaner’ than a lot of step-down converters one buys online). The iPhone charger gets 230v AC from the incoming 230v AC power in the active speaker.
  • Up2Stream Mini - Powered by 5v DC coming from the Apple iPhone USB charger. For audio signal connected by a shielded audio cable: mini-jack on the Mini side, and connected to the audio in connector (RCA/Line-in) on the amplifier side.

See the drawing below.

Mini.png

Problem
Everything works perfectly, but one thing: Ripple!
'Ripple' as in a ratteling noise.

Question
Who can help with a solution?

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]Therefor I looked for an isolated 230-to-5 volt converter.[/QUOTE]

Why ? If You had separate appliances they would be powered by the same power strip.
Have You tried a 5V USB charger or a standard trafo supply with 7805 or lm317 regulator ?
Try to move the arylic further away in order to find out if the noise is radiated or conducted.

Thanks @MAAC0 !

I use an original Apple iPhone charger, with an isolated USB cable that powers the wireless audio receiver.
Moving the Arylic further away, soes not make a change. I believe the noise is conducted.

I have an audio file from which you can hear the ripple sound. If you let me know how to reach you, I can send it to you.