Differences +/- voltage supply between pos / neg and pos / pos regulators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a question about +/- power supplies for audio devices.
Is there a qualitative, sonic or audible difference between +/- power supplies that consist of a positive and a negative voltage regulator (regardless of whether 317/337 or +/- Superreg), or where the +/- supply consists of 2 positive voltage regulators?

It is clear to me that with a +/- supply from 2 positive voltage regulators, 2 separate taps must be available on the transformer and 2 rectifiers are required.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Aren't the positive regulators generally better?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.50.42.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.50.42.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 142
It is clear to me that with a +/- supply from 2 positive voltage regulators, 2 separate taps must be available on the transformer and 2 rectifiers are required.
Right.

Along this line, you can use two transformers for excellent secondary windings separation.

Furthermore, because you aim at ultimate quality, use transformers with an electrostatic shield ( this shield is between primary and secondary , it is to be grounded ). Then you do have ultimate separation.
This shield, a must in high end gear is a minor extra cost, well worth it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.