Question about an IR2153D / IRFP460A Psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Question about the J02 bridge wire.
When present, it blows up the IR2153D and the two IRFP460A with in a second when I add the 117v.

After removing bridge wire and replacing the defective IR2153D and the two IRFP460A parts, they remains intact.
And when add 220v, it worked fine, the amplifier came back to life.

My question is.......
Does anyone recognize this PSU circuit, and is the jumper option (which looks as if it's for the 220 / 110v switching).
And if so, what is your idea of ​​why it damage them with the jumper, (the IR2153D and the two IRFP460A).

Since I could not find an schematic of it, I made my own.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Leicozic DX2150 Amps powersupply schema copy.jpg
    Leicozic DX2150 Amps powersupply schema copy.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I am disappointed that apparently no one is there or was willing to explain my question.

But okay, I figured it out in other ways, so it was now clear to me why that bridge option is present on the motherboard, but should not be used.

And apparently a previous mechanic thought that he could modify the amplifier from 220v to 110v with it.

Anyway, luckily I found out by putting it on schedule, because jokes like this can take a lot of parts before you figure it out.

In any case, thanks for reading my post, hopefully I will help others with my schematic of this type of psu.

Hi Duncan, first of all thank you for your comment.

And well, I normally reply to my satellite receiver tech forum within 24 hours, and therefore expected it to happen here also, or at least something within a week.

But diyAudio is bigger / busier than my tech forum, and so a message disappears faster in the background, so understandably there is not always a response to questions.

Anyways, as the picture concerns, I've re-uploaded here.
And just in case, also placed to an external location.
Leicozic-DX2150-Amps-powersupply-schema-copy — ImgBB

So I assume that it can now be viewed through these two options.

Attachments

• Leicozic DX2150 Amps powersupply schema copy.jpg
    Leicozic DX2150 Amps powersupply schema copy.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.