Go Back   Home > Forums > >

question about multiple transformer wiring on primary side
question about multiple transformer wiring on primary side
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #1
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Default question about multiple transformer wiring on primary side

I have some harvested amp boards and transformers that I would like to make use of. The transformers have a single 120VAC primary and multiple secondaries that are used to power multiple amp modules. All these parts were obtained from a multi-channel Crestron CNAMPX-16x60 power amp.

The question I have is how I might be able to use (or not) the same transformers on 220/230VAC mains (European standard). If I will be using two of these transformers, can I simply connect their primaries in series so that each one sees half the AC mains voltage? If I do that, can I leave some secondaries "unused" on one or both transformers?

question about multiple transformer wiring on primary sideHide this!Advertise here!