Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Measurement data and techniques for Elvee's De-Noizator: all implementations
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2021, 03:35 PM   #51
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard View Post
No. The input impedance is the 10K of the bias resistor plus the input
impedance of the 20 op amps.
My bad! Sorry Gerhard.

I re-read your 220pV/RtHz article and Zin is specified in a table.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #52
RickRay is offline RickRay  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Calibration in ARTA

Anyone here familiar with the calibration procedure in ARTA? I have a signal generator and am able to input 1vrms into the correct channel and perform the calibration process. When I do this, the graphs produced by ARTA directly display the correct values, for example a 1k resistor connected to the input of an LNA measure approx. -168dBV/sqrtHz and a 1 volt rms signal displays as 0dbV. What does the input sensitivity number that ARTA represent? ARTA calculated 4369.21mV when I input 1Vrms. I do not know if the number determined by ARTA is peak or p-p.
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #53
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Would like to understand this as well. So far I've used a value for input_sensitivity which when measuring the noise of a 1k resistor, the value in dBV/sqrtHz that it shows translates correctly applied to the input_sensitivity value (which I consider 0dB point) I have in ARTA.
ARTA manual shows that the dBV values are calculated based on the input_sensitivity value and preamp gain setting.
  Reply to this post

Measurement data and techniques for Elvee's De-Noizator: all implementationsHide this!Advertise here!