DDDAC Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just posted a new blog on my power supply:

Link to blog

The basic DDDAC kit is laid out to be a 1A max power supply. But is that really the max you can get out of this? And... are there other tweaks? How does this PSU actually work? Often heard: can I make a 2A or 3A PSU out of it?

This blog will try to answer those questions and will give some good guidance of the electronic background and deliver a few tweaks for everyone who wants to beef it up or experiment with the sound quality....

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Inspired by the many reports on the audiophile improvements when using UltraCaps (or super capacitors) in Audio applications, I decided it was time to start looking into this subject myself. For starters I wanted do some tests with it on my own DDDAC. Of course I am also interested in the technical aspects and possible use for future projects. But as always, get some facts first and listen to some music ....

My UltraCap experiments - DDDAC

Attachments

• DDDAC Ultracap Charger experiment 3.JPG
    DDDAC Ultracap Charger experiment 3.JPG
    792.5 KB · Views: 132
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.