Adjust SMPS output voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered two SMPS off eBay, pictured as below. They are labeled as +/-30v, but the actual output under 10ma current load is +/-39v and +/-33v. I have emailed the seller but got no answer so far. I'd like to find a way to adjust the output voltages, maybe by changing some resistors? Any one is familiar with this particular model?

Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 342
This kind of SMPS are quite different from the ones I tinkered before, it contains only one integrated module with five resistors, 1.4M x 1, 12K x 2 and 210 x 2, no other ICs. Don't think the resistors are of different values for boards of different output voltage. Figure it is quite hard get accurate transformer ratio, just don't know it that well.

I'd like to find a way to adjust the output voltages, maybe by changing some resistors?

There appears to be a difference in the value of the surface mount resistors on the back of these boards for different output voltages. The 55V units appear to use 100R. What is the value on yours?

I've bought one of these boards and would also be interested to know.

Last edited:
I now have a 40V and 45V version of this supply. The SMD resistor on the back is the same value in each. I measured the secondary windings and can confirm the DCR is different and it appears the only difference between these two supplies is the transformer. Nigel was right on the money a few posts up. All other components in my two supplies are identical.

Fly back SMPS are more flexible on voltage than LLC.
They are usually made to work wit ha wide range of mains voltages.
And the transformer ratio isnt as important as its passing charge rather than simple transforming. They use feedback to set output voltage.

I think in your case you have LLC SMPS which rely on transformer turns to set the voltage. They can be set to regulate a bit with feedback but not a massive range like flyback.

I have this power supply.
I ordered a 2x37V, but there is 2x41V in true.. Not a big problem but the seller don't give me good solution. No refund, no explain, just tell me to add more load in the output :D

Somebody here has tested the real power (with a big load)? because I know that 500w is ... unreal, but what is the real power ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.