Super phono power supply very expensive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I had the opportunity to have in my hands a phono stage with a disproportionate cost, my nature of copying and self-building things led me to copy the very sophisticated power stage, which according to the manufacturer is also patented, yes it is a rectified and stabilized all tube power supply, since the power supply is the important part of a construction I would like to replicate it for my various pre and phono electronics mainly. For the avoidance of doubt and problems, I do not name the manufacturer or the model for the moment, the attached circuit is without the value of the components that I will add later, I only tell you the valves: V1 6x5gt, V2 ecl82, V4 ob2, before I want to know what you think and if it really is worth as much as they pay it.

Go wild.

Ps: I made the circuit 1: 1 like the original, and it is still under testing.

Attachments

• aga.png
    aga.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 356
Is very expensive perfume worth the price you pay for it?
There are products that sell better the more you charge for it. With a very high price, buyers automatically assume that the quality must be exceptionally high.
I know very little about vacuum tubes but my unqualified guess is that there are semiconductor versions with at least the same technical performance.
Then the aesthetics?

TUBE power supply? Sorry, but what century are we in? As usual, I dare not second guess Jan as he knows more about audio in his little finger than I will ever and half what I know I learned from him and John Curl!

What are your requirements for voltage, current and noise? For a very few bucks we can buy SS regs with noise in the low uV. If your noise floor is -130, what else do you need? If you need HV or HC, follow them with a MOSFET. Only good thing I see above is a pi-filter.

Clearly, I am not in the tube mystique world. The tube amps I built I converted to ss power and it improved them both. These days, the only tube I still use is my microwave and old scope. Cant afford to replace the scope.

As promised here is the parts list:

R1-470R

R2-820K

R5-150K

R6-65K

R7-130K

R8-43K

R9-1K

R10-120K

R11-15K

R12-68K

C6 / C7-40uF

C3 / C5-22uF

C4-47pF

L1-20H

Now here's my question, this power supply works with 370v input, if you want to change the output voltage, which components need to be replaced? in input I will use 300v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.