4kw fullbridge smps warming problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pfc cancel. Ncp1653 always came as fake.
Works with 310v dc.
I did 21 turns of Primer first and split it in half. It got very hot .. Then I did it for 31st, now there is less heat working but not normal temperature around 30-40 degrees.
I used spw20n60c3 as a mosfet. I added a datasheet. 0.19m rdson - 2.4pf ingot capacitor

İndir resim JPG

Last edited:
From your post it is quite hard to understand what is getting hot, the transformer or the FET?

I checked the datasheet, and the NCP1653 has quite a good gate driver, and the FET you have chosen is also a very fast turn-off device. So Resistive heating due to slow turn-off of the FET is out of the question.

I think you need to go back to calculating the correct inductance and winding ratio for the transformer. Perhaps choose a different core. But it could also be that you need to wind the core with litze wire instead of solid core wire for this frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.