VRDN: bipolar regulator PCB for line level ckts: ±11V to ±20V @ 1.5A with "De-Noiser"

Boards for my layout are currently in production at JLCPCB. Once they're in hand I'll test them for stability etc. If all is well I'd be happy to post the gerbers here (with Mark's permission).

Mine are 2 layer instead of 4 layer (for cost reasons), size a bit bigger than Mark's at 10 x 13cm, and 2 fewer capacitors

[image]858553[/image]

Attachments

• VRDN.png
    VRDN.png
    210 KB · Views: 1,336
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi, I prefer that you open a new thread with an informative title perhaps such as "VRDN Clone on 2 Layer PCB" or something like that, so members will know instantly that it's just a little different. By all means please post the Gerbers and I'm happy they will be freely available. Just not in this thread, lest confusion arise.

Thank you and congratulations!
Mark

Joined 2017
Paid Member
trying to get the gerber job done...

Hi Mark
hi everybody

Mark, thank you a lot for all those contributions you provide.
My line stage-kit will be arriving soon, so I'm getting nervous about the VRDN which I intend to use for it.

Since it got a bit quiet here, I couldn't resist and got myself a peek into the Gerber-files. Being on a mac, I had to find the appropriate tool for it and settled on "Cuprum", which opened / imported the zip-file without complaints. It looks cool and I don't know what to look at. So if I'd give it a shot, it would be with blind faith!

I don't yet know if all I'd had to do was send this to some PCB-maker...
I just tried it with the first I found: Eurocircuits, and they want some € 88.- /piece so that's a no-go.

Would somebody assist me, or has anyone some PCBs in the pipeline already?

thank you
david

Would anybody be interested in some of these pcb‘s?
I‘ll place an order over @ jlcpcb, with blue coating even though it costs a bit (60something for 5, 60something + a few more for ten... costs to be fairly shared)
I may be interested! I'm still absorbing info, and trying to decide between the BA2018 and Salas DCG3 for a first preamp build...

Would the BA2018 require one or two boards?

Last edited:
Joined 2017
Paid Member
I may be interested! I'm still absorbing info, and trying to decide between the BA2018 and Salas DCG3 for a first preamp build...

Would the BA2018 require one or two boards?

Uhm. Not sure. Looking at post #1, I’d say you can go both ways: one board for a conventional PSU or wallwart (?), two for a true dual mono thingy.
Maybe mark, or some other master, chimes in here?

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Each builder makes the decision for himself: will I use one PSU board, or two, or four PSU boards? Factors which might enter into the decision could conceivably include:

How much current can each PSU board supply? (answer: 1500 milliamps on "PLUS_OUT" and another 1500 milliamps on "MINUS_OUT")

How much PSU current do each of my downstream boards ("loads" upon the PSU) consume? It depends on which boards you're driving, of course. How does their combined total current compare against 1500 milliamps?

Do I really want two PSU boards? Do I really want "dual mono"? Even if the math says one PSU board would be sufficient, perhaps I just plain want dual mono??

Do I really want four PSU boards? One to supply LEFT_PLUS only, a second one to supply LEFT_MINUS only, a third to supply RIGHT_PLUS only, and a fourth to supply RIGHT_MINUS only. Then I'd have more boards within my chassis than my neighbor Larry has.​