VRDN: bipolar regulator PCB for line level ckts: ±11V to ±20V @ 1.5A with "De-Noiser"

Hello myleftear

I know, that's what I did at the beginning of the month to order the Mark Johnson soft start H9KPXG boards.

But as I still haven't received them, I didn't want to make another order before receiving the first one. I was going to ask a member for two boards to test. No problem, it seems that the demand will quickly bring up a new opportunity to request 2 boards, or if it does not appear I place the order and see if anyone else is interested.
Best regards

Carlos

I ordered parts for a pair of these today (dang, forgot to get Kapton tape) and am getting some boards from @myleftear!

For use in a BA2018 preamp build (dual mono), what transformers are people using? Dual secondaries is all I'm sure of at this point. :)

And what output voltages are people configuring to powering the BA2018?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I’ve run BA2018 at 15v, 18v, and 24v. For a while I had the impression that 18v sounded best, but I’m not entirely sure if that is actually happening. All voltages sound great.

BA2018 runs about 50-60mA per channel. I have one running from a 500ma single secondary AC wall wart, and everything works perfectly. I have another running from a 50VA 18+18 transformer. Whatever you can easily get will most likely work very well.

I buy Kapton tape from Amazon.com and eBay . Here's an Amazon link, I'll let you have fun browsing around eBay.

Kapton tape

Thanks. I ordered some from amazon.es.

I was looking at the photos again and now I'm wondering -- if you're using a Silpad and shouldered washer, shouldn't the screws and heatsinks be isolated from the device? Is the Kapton tape for 'just in case' or is it to prevent a small ground loop?

“Just in case” the screws touch each other.

... and the screws are somehow not isolated from the devices?

Just trying to make sure I understand the potential consequences. I actually didn't know it was a problem to have a loop through a toroid until I started building my F5! Luckily I didn't have an issue but I could see it happening with traffo enclosures!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
VRDN Boards Arrived Today

20200720_162036.jpg

20200720_162048.jpg

I have already private messaged:
freecrowder
lancer
A321Drvr
pfdavid

I will have 1 or 2 boards left depending on how many some of the above want. Boards are $6 a piece and I figure shipping after you contact me.

Received my boards from RickRay a few days ago. Beautiful! Also, RickRay was a pleasure to work with - very easy transaction and speedy! Thanks so much for helping our DIY community, and also special thanks to Mark for the extensive work to bring this circuit to life. More opportunities for big fun. :)

- David