Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2020, 10:52 AM   #131
booja30 is offline booja30  Spain
diyAudio Member

@myleftear

I think it's pretty common to offer additional ground connections for convenience, but I don't think it's necessarily a hint that you need to find uses for them.

My plan is to have each VRDN assigned to strictly one half of the BA2018 board. So the input side of the VRDN would have transformer secondaries connected. The output side would have OUT+, GND, and OUT- connected to the 3 corresponding inputs on the preamp board. In addition, one of the spare GND terminals would connect to a CL60 (or similar) NTC to provide a 'floating' ground to the chassis in case of a fault.

I don't think there is any need to connect each VRDN's GND to both channels of the preamp. If you wind up with hum it might be something to experiment with, but otherwise I think it is ok to treat them as fully independent. In other words, aside from the selector and volume pot, everything else could theoretically be installed in separate chassis.

Apologies if I misunderstood the question. And you know I'm not an expert , so I would appreciate feedback from others on what I've written.
  Reply to this post

Hide this!Advertise here!