Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM   #241
Audiobear is offline Audiobear  United States
diyAudio Member

Good point. It raises a philosophical issue about just when off is off. I will do Standby and On. No problem. I don't know EU regulations but it may be that less than 0.5mW is "off." Certainly is from a low energy perspective. By the way, the AC mains is plugged into a smart switch that responds to Alexa but obviously when I use that 3rd switch I don't see the red LED.

I should also mention that Mark's IPS#7 is installed in the M2X and some very gratifying and interesting listening is taking place by rolling not only op amps but pre-amps. More to come on the M2X thread.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #242
spiggs is online now spiggs  United States
diyAudio Member

Sharing another completed project using Mark's soft start board. It is doing it's job in my recently completed Tubelab SSE. Makes life easier on the tubes set for a 2 sec delay along with the piece of mind that only 5V is running to the push button switch on the front. I think the blue led power on "accent lighting" it provides is perfect using the spec'd resistor. Of course now I need to do something about those retina abusive white leds on the components to the left.

I am sure I have been one of the needier builders so a big public thank you to Mark for his generosity in helping me out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSE_int_sm.jpg (287.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg SSE_amp_sm.jpg (235.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg SSE_amp_glow_sm.jpg (150.9 KB, 36 views)
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #243
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Lovely build, spiggs. Congratulations! I agree with you, that eerie blue glow from within is very appealing. Well done and good on ya.
  Reply to this post

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXGHide this!Advertise here!