Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2020, 09:12 PM   #171
amandarae is offline amandarae  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Additional Pics.

First Pic- power connected to L,N, and Chassis, switch open, LED Off is illuminated, lamp (RadioShack) connected to P1D and P1N illuminated (85 Vac Measured across P1D and P1N, P2D and P2N).
Click the image to open in full size.

Second Pic - switch close, LED On illuminated, lamp still lit but brighter (120Vac measured across P1D and P1N)
Click the image to open in full size.

I saw Marks post (#126) and says

"Another experiment you can try, is to connect a very low wattage, mains-powered incandescent light bulb where the transformer primary would go. A bathroom night-light (3W in USA) would be perfect. Presto, the bulb does not light".
In my case, the lamp is always ON but just varies in intensity.
Old 27th September 2020, 10:29 PM   #172
amandarae is offline amandarae  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hah! I finally figured it out!

When configured for 115Vac double primary, if you leave one set (say P2D and P2N) open, it acts what I had experienced. Need both sets, I use 100K resistor, with a load. After that, works fine.

Mark I believe already mentioned similar this but took me a while to find the documentation on the thread.

Abe
Old 28th September 2020, 08:46 AM   #173
diplomata is offline diplomata  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone

And finally my H9KPXG works excellently, just connect the transformer to P1D and P2N, this for the 230V configuration and the strange readings are over.

In the pictures you can see H9KPXG already installed on the BA-3 chassis. If you are intrigued by the appearance of that same chassis, let's say I learned that you never buy the chassis first, or you end up with components that do not allow you to close the lid ...

A help for those who are in Europe and want to use Mouser to order components for H9KPXG, in Europe, Meanwell AC to DC module is not sold to private customers (only to OEM customers), you can replace it with one from Recom, Mouser part N: 919-RAC02-05SGA, the only difference between them is the price, the Recom being slightly more expensive.

And now I saw that Ripster had already indicated an alternative for the AC / DC module as well.

My thanks again to Mark Johnson for his generosity in sharing this project with us.

Best regards

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P_20200924_211336.jpg (940.8 KB, 239 views)
Old 4th October 2020, 09:25 PM   #174
A321Drvr is offline A321Drvr
diyAudio Member

Default H9KPXG Availability

Any one have any H9KPXG boards for sale in the USA?
Old 4th October 2020, 09:52 PM   #175
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Might be a great opportunity to get a batch and sell the rest to other interested people!
Old 4th October 2020, 11:49 PM   #176
Audiobear is offline Audiobear  United States
diyAudio Member

PM me. I might be able to spare one for you.
Old 4th October 2020, 11:50 PM   #177
Audiobear is offline Audiobear  United States
diyAudio Member

And @6L6 is right. Ordering these boards was the first time I had ordered PCB by submitting the Gerbers. It's a good learning experience.
Old 6th October 2020, 04:40 PM   #178
mvaldes is offline mvaldes  Italy
diyAudio Member

Is there any one that have a couple of boards to sell in EU?
Old 7th October 2020, 10:13 PM   #179
elwood625 is offline elwood625  United States
diyAudio Member

My PCB's arrived from China, and I found the Meanwell relay's,only took a week to get them. The first one is for the Singing Bush SIT amp which I have a 48v 1000va torroid. The soft start has the 250 Joules thermistor for the mongo transformer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1547.jpg (943.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1548.jpg (900.8 KB, 137 views)
Old 7th October 2020, 11:54 PM   #180
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

WHOA! That's spectacular, elwood625! Congratulations. I think you might be the first builder to drop in one of the 250 Joule ICL discs and show a photo -- it's extremely cool.

Very nice looking assembly with neat soldering and beautiful flux clean-off.

Now there's another 250 Joule Sumo Wrestler in town. Wimps had better get out the way.

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXGHide this!Advertise here!