Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2020, 05:32 PM   #111
wtnh is offline wtnh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu K View Post
Hello All -

I have 10 PCBs left for members who are interested. Send me a PM if you would like to get them.

Regards,
Subbu
Hi Subbu - sent your a PM a while ago - any boards left?

Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 08:20 AM   #112
deps is offline deps  Poland
diyAudio Member

which transistors can replace TP2104 and
TN2106
Old 18th August 2020, 12:33 PM   #113
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

I recommend you buy the MOSFETs listed on the schematic and the Parts List. Checking at Mouser Poland this morning, both of those components are in stock and ready for dispatch. Here they are:

https://pl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...HPd1TpBQ%3D%3D

https://pl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...pwl07eiQ%3D%3D

The Parts List gives part numbers for Mouser Electronics, because Mouser has an excellent international presence and a good reputation among diyAudio members.

If you want to create a list of potential substitutes for these two MOSFETs, take note of column J ("important considerations") in the parts list; then compare the datasheet of the original MOSFET with the datasheets of your proposed substitutes.
Old 18th August 2020, 02:53 PM   #114
Bones13 is offline Bones13  United States
Techie Wanabe
diyAudio Member

Had an idea for this project, while I have been trying to select switches.

If one built the 12v version (vs the more common 5v version), one could tap off the Meanwell to power the 12v capacitance based switches.

Perhaps future versions of the board could include a plug for 12v output to the switch.
Old 18th August 2020, 04:30 PM   #115
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

That's a fun idea, to swap the 5V AC-to-DC converter out and swap in a 12V model! You'd need a new relay with a 12V coil, and you'd probably need new current limiting resistors for the LEDs and the optoisolator. I'll let you check the datasheets of the MOSFETs and the ICs to decide if they are okay, or can be easily modified / swapped.

Standby power (equipment "off") will be higher, about 2.5X higher, but maybe you don't care.

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 18th August 2020 at 04:33 PM.
Old 29th August 2020, 08:55 AM   #116
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

May I kindly request to include PCB pads for a single bicolor LED in a possible next revision ? With a common cathode LED pads for a 3 pin connector would be enough. It is unusual to have to drill 2 holes for 2 LEDs of which one lights in the Off state (which could be called Standby).

Last edited by jean-paul; 29th August 2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 29th August 2020, 12:10 PM   #117
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

You can use a bicolor LED with the current (Rev.C) version of the PCB. Simply connect Anode-Red to P3 pin 1, connect Anode-Green to P4 pin 1, and connect Cathode-Common to P3 pin 2. Schematic fragment, snipped from post #1, below.

Then you have a 3-wire cable which runs from the LED to the PCB. Two of the three wires attach to connector P3, and one of the wires attaches to connector P4.

Here are some possibilities: Mouser USA link

_
Attached Images
File Type: png two_color_LED.png (61.7 KB, 303 views)
Old 29th August 2020, 12:38 PM   #118
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Yes but I meant 3 PCB pads in 2.54 mm pitch so that the LED can be soldered straight to the PCB (wires bent in angle). Also 2 extra pads in 2.54 mm pitch for a 2 pin Molex KK for the power on/off switch would be nice as it switches no significant current.

That way the board can be used with LED connector and switch connector just behind the front cover with the power transformer behind it close to the IEC inlet, far away from the audio stuff.

Just suggestions, Mark.

Last edited by jean-paul; 29th August 2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 29th August 2020, 03:09 PM   #119
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Thank you; I will add these to the list of requested new features.
Old 29th August 2020, 07:21 PM   #120
spiggs is offline spiggs  United States
diyAudio Member

Mark, I tried to follow your advice on integrating a CL-60 into the grounding circuit of my Tubelab SSE. Please see attached drawing. The speaker out, pcb, soft start are grounded to a point that is connected to chassis ground through a CL-60. The power inlet and toroidal ground are connected directly to chassis ground. Did I get this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
... it's a low resistance CL-60, sometimes it's a combination of them.

Gently, I suggest you study the photograph attached to post #16 of this thread. It's a stereo amplifier which uses this mains relay & soft start PCB (yellow arrowhead). But what ELSE do you see? Look hard.

Hint: look at the intersection of row_4 and column_4 of baseplate holes.

Another hint: some mounting bolts are silver colored because they are metal & conductive. Other mounting bolts are white colored because they are nylon & insulating. The photo includes some of each.

_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sse_grounding.jpg (365.2 KB, 248 views)

PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXGHide this!Advertise here!