Types of batteries and their transient/steady state properties and aberrations. Need

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe my dusty-old-fartness is showing, but I don't see any possible way that battery noise could pose a significant problem, no matter what the audio signal level. There are so many other much worse (higher amplitude / harder to suppress / filter / shield for) sources of noise that plague electronics designers .. pretty sure that your design effort would be more usefully spent on other issues.

rayma, thanks - first hearing of those. We have a clutch of NiMH's in various duties and their self-discharge rate is an ongoing aggravation.

Cheers

I am sorry, I am just starting out into diy audio. I didn't know what to prioritise. I thought battery is at the first link in the chain so thought let's start with that. Most amps I saw, atleast the opamp ones, were simple on the amp side, complicated on the power supply. After I made this thread I went back and took time to re learn amplifiers design, and am finally able to comprehend things to some extent, but still lots more to learn.

Maybe you could help me. My desire is to build an amp that can push 500mw or more power into 40-80ohm loads (not much bothered about performance below 40ohm or above 80ohm loads) while being battery powered. The ad8637 opamp seems to have a current capability which can get my situation solved but not sure if it is practically feasible (I read in another thread that it gets unstable at high supply). Any guidance? I really like the Amb mini3 design except that it's Max Power is capped at about 200mw into 32 ohms which is far too weak for my use case.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.