PSUD2 for Mac released

Ok - I'm missing the insert bit...

... or is it a lack or multiple buttons on my trackpad? :)

It's the latter. :)

In post 23 of this thread, I mentioned that I had trouble getting the MacOS version of PSUD2 to recognize <control> + <click> as a right click event from the Operating system. However, I found that PSUD2 does recognize a "Secondary click" event with two fingers as a right click to reach the BLOCK submenu, so that you can INSERT and DELETE filter blocks.

You need to enable the "Secondary click" for your trackpad:

I had no trouble installing psud2_build23 on Mojave.

The main issue that I first encountered was how to get the BLOCK submenu to appear with the trackpad, so that I could INSERT and DELETE filter blocks. Double clicking works as expected and takes you directly to CHANGE dialog. I normally use <control> + <click> (on the Macbook Pro trackpad) for a right click. However, PSUD2 does not respond to <control> + <click> as a right click. The solution is to go to choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, choose "Trackpad", and then enable "Secondary click" with two fingers.

How to right-click on Mac - Apple Support

It appears that the MacOS version of PSUD2 does not recognize <control> + <click> as a "Secondary click" event from the operating system. Fortunately, PSUD2 does recognize a two-fingered click on the Macbook Pro trackpad as a "Secondary click" once you have enabled it.

Here is a link to the MacOS support note on this topic:
Right-click on Mac - Apple Support

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I have been using PSUD on a MacBookPro but it only runs out of the DMG disk image and doesn't install normally into the Applications folder. Fine to run that way but a friend just sent me a file to look at and it cannot be opened by PSUD as long as it's greyed out in the APP folder. . . . And yes, it stays greyed out after selecting "All Applications" on the "Open with" window. Also does not let me drag my friend's file into the examples folder.
(Incidentally, all saved circuits show in the examples file when entered from the PSUD's drop down "Open" menu but are not there when the examples folder is accessed through the DMG Disk Image "Show package Contents".)
Anybody know what to do with this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
@Hearinspace,

How did you fix it? I’m having issues PSUD2 running on my MacBook Air (M1, 2020) under MacOS12. I downloaded build 77 also, but still could only run it from the download tray by clicking on the DMG image, after fixing the “cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.”

@offwego,
I have two-finger click enabled, but still get only the “edit” screen where I can change the value of the C, or R. I do not get a sub-menu that allows me to add components to the PS schematic.

When I try to change to a tube rectifier I get a long list of SS diodes, but no tube rectifiers. How do I insert one?

Any suggestions, anyone? I am a MacBook novice, so I’m probably missing something.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, here's a stupid question: I'm having trouble navigating on the new PSUD II webpage and can't find build 77. I think I've checked every link on the Groups.IO website and have gotten nowhere. Can someone please educate this nitwit or post a link to the latest version available for a Mac?

Thank you.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Francois, the difference might be your OS version, I don't know. I deleted the previous files from my machine and then ran the install. It seemed to work fine. I don't remember if I had to drag the icon to the applications folder.
One work around though is to open it and then take the option to keep the icon in the dock.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You should be able to find the build77 file for MacOS here:

https://groups.io/g/duncanampspsud/files/psud2_macos
Francois:

Thank you, but I've found my way to that page without any problem. What I can't find is a link to Build 77 (or any other downloads). In case it makes a difference, I long ago registered an account with Groups.IO. How do you navigate from that page to wherever the downloads are located?

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Francois:

Thank you, but I've found my way to that page without any problem. What I can't find is a link to Build 77 (or any other downloads). In case it makes a difference, I long ago registered an account with Groups.IO. How do you navigate from that page to wherever the downloads are located?

Regards,
Scott
Scott, You probably found it via @Hearinspace’s pm, but if not it is the second choice on the page link I sent above. If you got to the Home page of groups.io you need to navigate to “Files”, i.e. select it from the list on the left.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Francois:

Unfortunately, there is no "Files" entry on any list on the PSU Designer groups.io homepage. If I'm wrong about this, I'm going to feel like a complete idiot.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• duncanampspsud@groups.io | Home.pdf
    296.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 8.49.31 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 8.49.31 AM.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 40