Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zero Zone TPA3255 board auxiliary voltage regulator.
Zero Zone TPA3255 board auxiliary voltage regulator.
Zero Zone TPA3255 board auxiliary voltage regulator. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2019, 07:03 PM   #11
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboun View Post
Can you show me the choke you are talking about ?

Of course. It is the choke marked with "100" closest to the LM2575 IC. It corresponds to the 330uH choke on the top of page 2 of the LM2575 datasheet: https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/LM2575-D.PDF

On the board they have put 10uH while 330uH is advised. Quite a difference. 330uH has the marking "331".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuckChoke100.jpg (39.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 5th December 2019, 03:49 AM   #12
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Dani,
I understand that my doubt about the Buck choke value is confusing. How come that a board that should just work is stated to have more important flaws?
ON Semi's datasheet ( https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/LM2575-D.PDF ) has a good explanation about continuous or discontinuous operation on page 17. A 10uH Buck choke should give a rather extreme discontinuous operation. ON Semi has, on page 13, choke selection graphs. For the LM2575-12, with 40V input voltage and a maximum output current near 0.4A, a Buck choke of 1500uH ("H1500") is recommended. Even above the 330uH I mentioned before.
This indicates support to my worry about the 10uH.
Old 5th December 2019, 11:53 AM   #13
daniboun is offline daniboun  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
Fine with the local electronics shop.
Even if you put back an LM2575S, you risk blowing that as well, even with less voltage. You need also to change the choke. It is likely that it was the 10uH choke that blew the LM2575S (current overload) and not the voltage.
As soon as I get the LM2575S + LM2575HVS I will let you know here.
As that moment, I wish you could tell me which one I need to provide to my electronical shop so that they can replace it.

Last edited by daniboun; 5th December 2019 at 11:58 AM.

Zero Zone TPA3255 board auxiliary voltage regulator.Hide this!Advertise here!