Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12v Power supply for 3 PCB question
12v Power supply for 3 PCB question
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2019, 04:56 PM   #1
Alan Dubski is offline Alan Dubski
diyAudio Member

Default 12v Power supply for 3 PCB question

Hi All,

I hope I can get some advice

I have three (modest) 12v PCBs - a 6AH6 valve Pre-amp, a PCB board for an EM80 magic eye valve, and a TA2024 that I use for the power amp. To power these I am using a common DC 12 power supply adapter with a splitter cable.

The only problem with this set up is that it there is a ton of noise/hum through the speakers- I assume it is due to my power supply ‘set up’.

Is anyone able to recommend an easy way to provide power to these three separate 12v boards?

Thank you- appreciate your wisdom!
Old 19th September 2019, 01:04 AM   #2
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

"common" power supplies can be quite high hum/buzz.

The eye can't read hum/buzz. The TA2024 probably rejects much hum/buzz. A "6AH6 valve preamp" could be almost anything, and depending on *details* may have almost no power supply hum/buzz rejection.

Can you steal the 12V battery out of your neighbor's motorcycle and try powering each stage on battery, the other two on wall-supply? This would tell you if one just "loves" hum/buzz.

12v Power supply for 3 PCB questionHide this!Advertise here!