12v Power supply for 3 PCB question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I hope I can get some advice

I have three (modest) 12v PCBs - a 6AH6 valve Pre-amp, a PCB board for an EM80 magic eye valve, and a TA2024 that I use for the power amp. To power these I am using a common DC 12 power supply adapter with a splitter cable.

The only problem with this set up is that it there is a ton of noise/hum through the speakers- I assume it is due to my power supply ‘set up’.

Is anyone able to recommend an easy way to provide power to these three separate 12v boards?

Thank you- appreciate your wisdom!

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
"common" power supplies can be quite high hum/buzz.

The eye can't read hum/buzz. The TA2024 probably rejects much hum/buzz. A "6AH6 valve preamp" could be almost anything, and depending on *details* may have almost no power supply hum/buzz rejection.

Can you steal the 12V battery out of your neighbor's motorcycle and try powering each stage on battery, the other two on wall-supply? This would tell you if one just "loves" hum/buzz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.