Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Isotek not using MOVs instead of using VDR which VDR is recommended?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2019, 04:49 AM   #1
rhythmsandy is offline rhythmsandy
diyAudio Member

Default Isotek not using MOVs instead of using VDR which VDR is recommended?

Planning to build a power filter system with surge protection but what many use is MOV across mains phase and Neutral but Isotek says using MOV will degrade sound quality and infact when I have tested with noise sniffer from a brand I saw that noise is quite high even with large common mode choke and with x2 and y2 capacitors. Can anyone tell me which VDR does isotek uses?
Old 17th September 2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Elvee is offline Elvee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

MOV= Metal Oxide Varistor
=
VDR= Voltage Dependent Resistor

VDR is a generic term, and could include older types, based on carborundum for example, but nowadays, the only variety you can buy is metal (Zinc) oxide

Isotek not using MOVs instead of using VDR which VDR is recommended?Hide this!Advertise here!