Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Plese help. 'Krell' branded cables found online.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2019, 06:37 AM   #1
Audiologue is offline Audiologue  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Plese help. 'Krell' branded cables found online.

Hello readers, can someone please guide me as to stuff which is legit or not and whether one should stay away from purchasing things on ebay aliexpress etc which carry big brand names (Krell Cryo-156 power cables in this case).
They seem pretty legitimate to me with good reviews and all, but I could not find mention of the same on Krell website.
p.s. this is not aimed at starting a debate of any sort, just wanting some direction buying legitimate items. Thanks.
Old 15th September 2019, 06:53 AM   #2
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

There are not many cable manufacturers to be found. Most cables are made by the manufacturer and re branded allowing the price to increase multiple times for no good reason.
If you purchase your cable from RS, Farnell Element13, Mouser etc, you cannot go far wrong and you will not get ripped off.
If you are a metallurgist, you will know that copper is copper and freezing it or heating it does not 'improve' it conducting qualities. Exactly the same as purchasing 'Cryogenic" valves. It is meaningless!
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/cable...le-core-cable/ has a good selection of brand names that the equipment manufacturers and professional wiremen use, similar can be found elsewhere.
Red Audiophile Hi-end hifi AMP Speaker Cable wire 10AWG 12AWG Gauge Banana Spade | eBay
is where you get well and truly taken for a mug.
Hope that helps.
Old 15th September 2019, 07:16 AM   #3
analog_sa is offline analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiologue View Post
They seem pretty legitimate to me with good reviews and all
They seem like obvious fakes.
Old 17th September 2019, 06:12 AM   #4
Audiologue is offline Audiologue  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I contacted Krell and they said those have nothing to do with them. and they confirmed they are fakes

Plese help. 'Krell' branded cables found online.Hide this!Advertise here!