Caps advise required JH CD263

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone!
Have you heard anything about JH CD263 capacitors.
I picked up an smps and it has these caps all over it, i searched and cannot find anything about them. Are they any good, low esr, high life span?

Thanks

If i were to replace the JH CD263, the voltage across them is 315v ac, what size cap would i need. Most of the replacement caps i can see are 400v dc:
400KXW120MEFC18X30 | Rubycon 120μF 400V dc Aluminium Electrolytic Capacitor, Through Hole 18 (Dia.) x 30mm +105degC 18mm 7.5mm | RS Components

Is it 1.4 times the dc rating to get ac rating?

Thanks

Do you think the rubycon's would be a good replacement for the jianghai's. Both are 120uf 400v. The ac voltage across the jianghai's is 315v. Should i up the voltage rating.

If you look at the photo they are just after the bridge rectifier.

I was promised nippon's but recieved jianghai's
Many thanks

Attachments

• smps.jpg
    smps.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 55
400V is perfectly Ok for 230V SMPS.

Better to get C´s from a Chinese brand than fake Japanese branded ones. The fakes come from China too, but no one claims responsible for them and they are usually lowest quality. Chinese brand C´s should have the values of the data sheet.

I would take JH if the price is right and I did not pay for premium caps (whatever this might be...).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.