LT1963 R1 and R2 for 5V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I have just purchased some more LT1963 regards from Aliexpress ....supposed to be 5v. However they all measure 11.8 or so.
The resistors measure 1.5k and 0.5k.

I have looked at the data sheet but my maths isn't brilliant.

Before I contact the seller I am considering swapping R1 and R2 to give me the voltages I need. To be fair I had considered this before testing them as I may decide to set some up for other voltages anyway. These regs are not as good quality as the 2 I bought off ebay previously but they have larger melf looking resistors so I can attempt to swap. The 'better' boards have 3 x resistors and are tiny smd. But they work at the stated 5v so no need to mess with those.

Can someone help me with the equation please to give me R1 and R2 for 5v and maybe 8v.

Vout = 1.21(1+r2/r1)+(Iadj)R2

Where Iadj is 3uA at 25degrees.....

As far as inputting into a calculator...is the 3uA = 0.003?

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Somewhat surprisingly, it seems like you guys in the UK do not commonly have access to µ, at least the Windows users - a lot of other layouts feature it on AltGr+M, including US International, and similarly so the Linux layouts UK Extended and UK International. Ah, it looks like a few people have made UK International layouts using MSKLC - I suggest picking up one of these.
UK International (United Kingdom International) keyboard -- zolid.com
UK International Keyboard Layout

Those regulators look suspect. I would check to see whether the layout is actually correct. If that checks out - does anyone make a plain fixed +12V reg in the same package? Could be something else altogether, with counterfeit chips you never know.

Don't you think that I've passed such a good opportunity...! :)-) I've saved it safely alongside Beta, Lambda, Ro, Sigma and other Hellenic letters (I'll start promoting them to friends & family as good names for house pets...)
Here some more for your collection :D
π Ω √ x² x³ ¼ ½ ¾ ♫ ♪ Ⅻ ⑫ ± ≤ ≥ ㉫ ᕫ ™ ᵫ ൫ © ® † ‰ 
≡ ≢ « » ≧ ≦ ≫ ୫ ౫ ʘ Ø °C �ß zł ∞ 
Mona

Apologies to @jim04! Seems the thread moved naturally since he got his answers. Just one more line to say that in windows there are lots of language packs to download and switch them in your keyboard at will. In my case shift+alt to switch between English and Greek.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.