Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

laptop power supplies
laptop power supplies
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th August 2019, 11:40 PM   #1
bobberner is offline bobberner  United States
diyAudio Member

laptop power supplies
Default laptop power supplies

Howdy,

I have two fairly beefy laptop power supplies laying around and would like to use them for a bluetooth boombox. They are sufficient in power but the plug (tip?) is the wrong size. Is is possible to just replace the end of the cable by soldering one an appropriate tip? Is it more complicated than that? Are other tips available? I'm not sure what term to search for to get the size tip I need. Thanks!!
Old 15th August 2019, 12:12 AM   #2
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobberner View Post
Are other tips available? I'm not sure what term to search for to get the size tip I need.
Some useful information in this link: Connector Basics - learn.sparkfun.com

And in this one: How can I tell the size of a barrel power connector? - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange
Old 15th August 2019, 12:54 AM   #3
bobberner is offline bobberner  United States
diyAudio Member

laptop power supplies
Thanks Galu!! That is the info I needed. Have a great day/night/whatever!!

laptop power suppliesHide this!Advertise here!