Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need help choosing linear power supply from TPA3251
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2019, 05:48 PM   #11
bk88 is offline bk88
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot for the tips Mooly! For simplicity and looks I bought this single rail kit without caps and I'll use 4 6800 uF 63v Mundorf caps. I will post pics once is finished.

Click the image to open in full size.

As for the transformer I'm not able to find a 20 or 22v at a low price... The 25v I wanted to use, results that under low load it has 26.7v so that translates into 37.8 DC or more.
The transformer is an RS Pro made in the same factory as Talema, same specs and 40 cheaper:

https://es.rs-online.com/mobile/p/tr...dales/1234031/

What will happen if I use 37.8v to a 24-36v rated amp?
Old 11th August 2019, 05:57 PM   #12
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Running at over voltage may cause long term reliability issues, or it may be fine... its impossible to second guess.

The recommended maximum values are there for good reason and if they could squeeze more from it by using higher supplies then they would.
Old 16th August 2019, 12:08 AM   #13
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

I am testing out a TPA3255 now and the best sound that I got was when I used a 35Ahr gel cell 12v battery and a 600w DC-DC step up to 52v.

It was hiss free hum free and silent. Dynamics and bass impact were superb. It beats a linear trafo and bridge and CRC IMO. You can trickle charge the battery and even at 100w, will play for many hours with no wall plug.

Need help choosing linear power supply from TPA3251Hide this!Advertise here!