I discover a potential ground error in my designs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just discovered a potential error/fault in my designs about ground connection.

I've just realized that in both machines I built (DAC and amplifier) I connected the single center screw of the power toroids to both chassis on one end and to the circuit ground wire (single point chassis connection) on the other end.

Even if this does not form a shorted turn because there is no a phisical complete loop (a complete path through the center of the transformer through which current can pass) I just realized that parisitic capacitances in the circuits, ground, chassis and connectors (even if are isolated) could close the loop somewhere inside.

I don't have (by ear) ground noise/RF problems, but I think this is a potential building mistake!

I've already moved the chassis connection to another point inside the DAC box and I'm going to do the same in the amplifier which is more difficult. I suspect to have received some listening benefit, but this could be placebo effect.

Is it my suspect (about parisitic capacitances) correct?

Attachments

• ground error1.jpg
    ground error1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 160
  • ground error2.jpg
    ground error2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 163
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.