How many Li-ion batteries?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First measure the average power consumption for your speaker amp at your normal listening levels. Lets say for arguments sake the supply voltage is 18V and you use 0.5A average.

If you want 4 hours endurance than means 0.5 x 4 = 2Ah of capacity at 18V. Then a 5S pack with 2.2Ah might be a perfect match. 5 LiPo in series is 18.5V nominal. 2.2Ah is a common capacity rating, sometimes written as 2200mAh.

But I couldn't see what voltage that kit actually uses, and you'll have to measure the current draw as that's specific to the volume you'll be listening at.

Whatever lithium technology or cell topology you get you will need a matching balanced charger, note.

Thanks so much for the info. This is my first ever diy speaker project so I think I'll just go with the power cable that is included just to get the experience of doing the first project. Honestly, I will need to some time to research your reply because I don't recognize some of the terminology since I'm so new to this. Thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.